Skip to content
Chapter 8 – Weight Management
- Discuss how to manage weight through diet
- Provide steps for starting a weight loss plan
- Reinforce the importance of physical activity in weight management
- Explain how to keep the weight off
- Binge Eating Disorder: Eating large amounts (typically an entire day’s worth) of calories in one sitting. Often done at night and alone.
- Anorexia Nervosa: A disorder where someone constricts caloric intake leading to extreme leanness.
- Bulimia Nervosa: Typically associated with large amounts of food, paired with a purge. This is what makes up the Binge-Purge cycle.